Monday, October 31, 2011

My Sanctuary

There is a little spot at our home that I absolutely love - but I never go there.  Not because it isn't easily accessible or far away. But because I am always to busy.  The Lord really spoke to me this last week about being to busy and not giving Him and myself quality time together.  So this weekend I claimed this little spot as my sanctuary.  I am determined to go there each day at some point with my Bible and read His word and just sit in His presence.
Here is my sanctuary - it is actually my front porch, although it is never used because everyone uses the side entrance off the kitchen. 

My little corner of the world

complete with wildly overgrown roses

and wildly rambunctious dogs - I know, they look calm here (it's a trick)


Something else the Lord has been showing me is this:

  I have been doing a leadership training course and in the last lesson (yes, LAST lesson, I have actually completed something) the instructor talked about how as a society and individuals, we are lacking in the "Thinking" area.  Not that we don't think but we have lost a form of thinking - when was the last time you just sat somewhere and where thinking, not looking info up on the computer, or asking a friend for advice, looking something up in a book; but just thinking about your situation and see if you can come up with a solution or a process for a solution.  I had forgotten how God has told us that He will give us the answers that we need  Matthew 7:8  For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.  I need to spend more time thinking in His presence instead of searching elsewhere for the answers that I need.  I need a clearer mind for dealing with daily issues and to be able to focus on my daily tasks.
Wisdom is one of the greatest attributes we can possess, Solomon asked for wisdom when the Lord spoke to him and offered to give him whatever he wanted.  Proverbs 8:12 says "I Wisdom, live together with good judgement. I know where to discover knowledge and discernment."

We won't posses wisdom if we don't commune with God and use our brains in the way in which He created them.  I'm always telling my girls to "stop & think" but really how often do I do that myself these days.  Or I think to much about things that I can't do anything about instead of "Thinking before the Lord".

Happy Thinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment