Monday, November 7, 2011

I Choose Joy

The Lord is showing me so much these days that it makes me feel sad that I have wasted so much time in the past worrying, frustrated, overwhelmed etc.  Some of the lessons I'm learning are: to not allow myself to get overwhelmed, to forgive quickly, to not take on other people's offenses and most importantly - to choose joy.

Choosing joy was probably the hardest because it is the result of doing all those other things.  I am learning that instead of allowing our emotions and situations to control us we have a choice as to how we will react.  I can honestly say that I am learning how to choose joy.  James 1:2 talks about considering all our trials as opportunities for great joy.  We have a choice whether we are going to allow other people to irritate us, we have a choice about whether or not we are going to forgive or ask for forgiveness for a wrong we committed, we have a choice about whether or not we are going to say "no" to prevent getting too busy.  I have been learning the steps needed to have joy in my life and low and behold in order to have joy you also must have - Love, Peace, Grace and Mercy.  It is a package deal!

I have to admit that even though this last month or so has been very hectic I have probably had the most Joy in my life than I have ever had before.  I look at out situation daily and am very thankful for the blessings God has bestowed upon us.  I am very blessed to have my family, my friends, my job, my home.  I am learning that other people's reactions are not my responsibility, that other people's wants are not my responsibility and that if I have wronged someone I need to ask for forgiveness and move on, whether or not they give me forgiveness isn't my problem.   God will show me what He wants me to do and if it isn't what others want me to do that is ok. It is my life and I'm not going to waste it anymore with negative thoughts and emotions.

Joyfully Yours
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment