Saturday, September 3, 2011

Family

I know, you thought I would call this "My Third Post" huh? 

I still haven't figured out how to do a picture yet.  Maybe tomorrow I'll mess around with it some more.

We had a great BBQ at my brother's house today,
my little brother's house,
my little brother-who is taller than me's house,
my little brother-who is married to one of my best friend's house, whom I will refer to as "sister"
 (so really it is her house). 

We had a great BBQ with a lot of family that we really hadn't spent time with for awhile.  We had seen this part of our family twice this summer, both times at funerals, both within a few weeks of each other.  I think it really hit us how sad it was that we really only see each other at funerals and weddings (and there hadn't been any weddings in the last few years).

My brother and sister (see above) hosted us all today and it was really special to reconnect.  I thought about how God does everything for a purpose, including His creative way of putting families together.  It isn't an accident, a coincidence, or even a mistake that you and I have the family that we have.  It is God's plan for a purpose.  We are the ones who mess it up.

So why am I saying all this (in a not so great because I am really tired way), because I realized this evening on our way home that I am truly blessed, and my family is truly blessed. We encompass a wide variety of personalities, educations, careers and personal situations and yet we can come together as a family and really enjoy spending time together. We've had ups and downs like all families, but as we grow older and mature we can accept each other for our differences and not let it interfere with just being a family. A family that God put together for a purpose.  Thank You Lord for my family!

1 comment:

  1. I think it is so great when we all can get to a point in our lives (sooner is better than later), when we realize this. The value of our families with all their differences, because Lord knows I'm not perfect either and my family has to deal with me. Having family and people who love you is one of the most important things in my life. And, sometimes we are even lucky enough to have friends who we can call "our family".....sometimes it just doesn't get any better than this. Your post made me cry and appreciate my family. I am blessed also.

    ReplyDelete