Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Ephesians 3:20

For the last few years I have been selecting a word and a scripture to concentrate on for that year.  2011 was my year for the word "See" and I chose  Psalm 131:1 - Lord, my heart is not proud; my eyes are not haughty.  I don't concern  myself with matters too great or too awesome for me to grasp.  By the end of the year I was amazed at how much I had seen and how much I realized what was too great or too awesome for me to grasp.

I spent a good part of December praying about what my word would be for 2012.  It came to me one day when I was out organizing my garage (pictures to come in another post soon) the word for this year is "Simplify" and a few weeks ago the Lord showed me my verse for the year - Ephesians 3:20 - Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Already this year I have turned to this scripture several times and it gives me such peace that He is capable of things that I can't even imagine and that I have a part in that power.  Wow, I think we are in for an exciting year.  As far as the word "Simplify" - He is showing me that I must simplify my life in many areas, spiritually, emotionally and physically and boy am I ready.  There is way to much clutter in my life causing me to loose focus, time and energy.  I am going to prioritize and focus on those things that really matter to Him for me.  What is your word and/or scripture for this new year?

No comments:

Post a Comment