Thursday, March 14, 2013

Spring Cleaning

Yeah, it is day one of spring cleaning!  Apparently, I am the only one excited in my house too.  I have decided that since the girls and I are home for the next 3 days (which is a rare feat these days) we are going to spend some time cleaning out clothes, books, and whatever else I can come up with. 

I also realized that this is a good time to do some spring cleaning on myself also - no I am not talking about doing "that" kind of cleaning (although a good detox probably wouldn't hurt).  I  have been thinking a lot about the things that get me down, put me in a bad mood, and I realize that I can control my thoughts and that I need to stop worrying, dreading, getting frustrated over other people or jobs that need to be done. And turn it all back to God, who can help me turn it to joy.  I need more joy in my life, even over the little things.  I desperately want to wake up each morning with a sense of - I can deal with whatever life brings me today because I have Him to deal with it along side me and I can do this with joy in my heart.

This is the day that the Lord has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment