Sunday, January 25, 2015

Who Knew...

Who knew that spraining my ankle would also affect my brain?

Ever since I sprained my ankle I have been thinking differently.  I use to think in terms of "I have to do this right now" or "After I do this, I need to do that" or "Everyone is counting on me." or "If you want it done right do it yourself."

But for the last few weeks I have had to change how I think. I have had to learn to give myself grace, I have had to ask myself things like "Do I really need to accomplish that right now?" or  "What is the most important thing to accomplish today and what can wait?" or "Who can do that instead of me?".

This has been a very frustrating, painful, yet liberating experience.  I had so many plans for the month of January, however, instead I have watched approximately16 hours of The Hobbit movies with my girls. I have gone grocery shopping once - and we did not starve.  My house has been vacuumed once this month - and I am OK with it. 

You know that saying about you don't know how important something is till you loose it (or something like that).

I have learned that I need to exercise and I will not take it for granted again. I have learned that I really like shaving my legs while standing up in the shower.  I have learned that I like doing things for my family (although I have also learned that they can do for themselves also).  I have learned that I miss walking with the dogs outside. And finally, I have learned the importance of strong ankles when trying to get up from the toilet!  Sorry, but that is what is going through my brain right now.

I have not been my normal on top of everything self and that's OK...Who knew that this painful experience would be fruitful?

Isaiah 66:9New Century Version (NCV)

In the same way I will not cause pain
    without allowing something new to be born,” says the Lord.
“If I cause you the pain,
    I will not stop you from giving birth to your new nation,” says your God.

Apparently God did :)

No comments:

Post a Comment