Thursday, February 7, 2013

God, Grant Me Serenity.....

God, grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference.




This has been an eventful week - some good, some bad and some that I am not sure what to make of yet.  I woke this morning after a restless sleep and remembered this poem that I have cherished since I was young.

No matter what I need to rely on Him to help me figure out what (if anything) I need to do.  I think what stresses me the most is when I have no influence on a situation that someone else is in control of and yet it affects me and mine. I have never thought of myself as a control freak, but maybe there is a little part of me that is.

But then again maybe that is also the boldness that the Lord is bringing out in me.  He is putting in my spirit the desire to fight for things I think I need to fight for (with his guidance of course) instead of being a push over. To approach Him with confidence and He will guide us.

"So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most."
Hebrews 4:15-16

"Because of Christ and our faith in him, we can now come boldly and confidently into God’s presence."
Ephesians 3:11-13

Maybe the feeling of lack of control is actually the call from the Lord to seek Him and His answers boldly. In the Spirit realm, we do have influence and the Lord knows the desires of our hearts and He can reach people whom we can't.



No comments:

Post a Comment