Sunday, February 24, 2013

Warning! Slippery Slobber Ahead

Yes, I feel the need to post this warning now to anyone who may come to my house. 

I never thought I would need to have a warning like this but then again I never really thought about the fact that I would one day absolutely love a 100lb dog who - yes - slobbers.

I had an awesome weekend in Phoenix at the Joyce Meyer conference with several gal pals.  The Lord really spoke to me and confirmed many things that I had been thinking over the last couple of months.

Plus it was a nice break to get away with friends and talk and shop a little and attend this conference together.  Upon arriving home Saturday evening however, my excitement started dwindling.  I found out that an acquaintance of mine from high school had passed away (she was 2 yrs younger than me) from a massive stroke.  Then talk turned to some financial situations that will cause us to revamp some plans we had made.  By the time I went to bed I was a little more on the grumpy side - then morning happened and the rush of trying to get ready for church, showers that should have been done the night before, casserole for fellowship dinner - that also should have been done the night before etc. By that time I was really grumpy and then it happened, the reason why I now must warn people who come to my house to not only be aware of the 100lb beast we now call "Bigfoot" but of her ever present gift to us - slobber!

I was walking quickly back to my room to finish dressing and before I knew it - Wham, bam, oomph, *#@#.  I was flat on the floor and my right foot was throbbing.  Apparently I had stepped in slobber. I couldn't even talk my foot hurt so bad, I guess I had made some sort of noise because everyone came running but as my husband was asking "What happened?" I couldn't even make a sound.  He helped me up and helped me to the bed. And all I could think about was is this a consequence for my bad attitude this morning.  I was so huffy (not sure if that is a word to describe an attitude, I know it is a bike, however I'm going with it) that I wasn't paying attention to where I was stepping,  I was in such a hurry due to the fact that I had accomplished nothing the night before and I was thinking about how bad this day was going to be and then it got worse.

I did make it to church and only limped around a little but by the time I got home my whole body was aching.  I took some pills and took a nap.  I'm pretty sore still and my foot is starting to turn various shades of blue in one area but I can't stop thinking about something that Joyce Meyer said in her sermons this weekend. "Offenses are stumbling blocks in our walk with God", here I was so excited about what the Lord had been speaking to me this weekend and then I started to get so frustrated and upset about things that were happening (taking offense) - I stumbled. Literally, in dog slobber.

God cared about all those things that I started dealing with upon my arrival - did I once take any of these things to Him, no I didn't.  He cares about my friends family, he cares about all that I do at home and at church.  I had no reason to get flustered and down.  This is the day that the Lord has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it. I hope and pray I can get a handle on that someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment